Building credibility for successful managers: Looking and being the part
6:15pm - 8:15pm
People are often recruited or promoted into management roles with little or no training and support. The skills of 'doing the job' are one aspect of success (or even just making life a little bit easier for now). Looking and being the part can be as important though.
What you will learn:
Challenges faced by new managers:
Consider being promoted above your friend
Consider objections posed by team members
Honesty of responses to "How can I improve?"
Perceptions: building on positive, mitaging negative
Assessing the environment and fitting in (include over-confidence and arrogance) (contractor rule, blending in, dressing 'one up')
Looking the part:
Being the part:
Dealing with nerves
Making an entrance
Voice projection - confidence when speaking
Empathy and body language in meetings
Book now. Join Rob Hart for a sympathetic, enlightening and useful journey into some 'tricks of the trade' that a new manager can implement to improve their lot at work.
About Rob Hart: Rob received formal management and leadership training at The Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst, and subsequently served for seven years as an Army Officer. After leaving the forces, Rob then worked in a number of management disciplines with the United Nations, Government, corporate and small businesses and start-ups. He now shares his experience with others. He is a confident and competent all-round manager, with extensive training and experience of management and leadership in various environments. Specialisms include operations, strategy, projects/ programmes, systems and process, risk, change management, resources, capability, teams and staff.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR MANAGE AND THRIVE LTD Looking and being the part: Building credibility for successful managers TRAINING EVENT
The "Organiser" – Manage and Thrive Ltd, trading as Manage and Thrive Training, whose registered address is at The Guild, High Street, Bath, BA1 5EB
The "Event" – Looking and being the part: Building credibility for successful managers training event
The "Attendee" - The person booking this event through the Eventbrite website
The "Booking Fee"- £80.00 or as per ticket type
The "Website" – www.manage-and-thrive.co.uk
The "Event Period" – Thursday 18th January 2018, 18:15 - 20:15
1. The Event shall be held during the Event Period. The details of the Event will be set out on the Website for the duration of the Event Period.
2. The Attendee is entitled to entry to the Event in exchange for payment of the Booking Fee. The Booking Fee is payable upfront upon making the booking on the Eventbrite website. Every Attendee has the right to cancel its booking and receive a full refund of the Booking Free up to 14 days from the date of making the booking, but no later than 7 days prior to the Event commencement. After this date no refunds will be made. Cancelation is to be requested through the Eventbrite website or by emailing the Organiser directly using contact details set out on the Website. The target time to respond to compliant cancelation requests is five business days. In the event that the Organiser fails to honour a refund that an Attendee believes is due under this refund policy, that Attendee may request that Eventbrite initiate a refund by contacting Eventbrite as per the Eventbrite website.
3. A full refund limited to the Booking Fee will be made if the Event is cancelled.
4. The schedule and content of the Event may vary from the description set out on the Website and is at the sole decision of the Organiser. Neither the Organiser nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on the Website or at the Event for any particular purpose. The Attendee acknowledges that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and the Organiser expressly excludes liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
5. The Organiser reserves the right to withdraw, change trainer, amend number of attendees, otherwise alter, exclude or move the location of the Event at the Organiser's sole discretion.
6. The Organiser may be taking photographs during the Event. By making this booking the Attendee acknowledges and accepts that he/she may feature in those photographs and that they may be used on the Website or in literature for the purposes of marketing. Photographs will not be made available to any Attendee.
7. Although all reasonable precautions will be taken, the Organiser is not responsible for the property of the Attendee or any other person, or for the loss, damage or destruction by any cause of any such property. The Attendee hereby accepts liability for all his/her acts or omissions during attendance at the Event and indemnifies the Organiser against all liability in respect thereof and against all actions, suits, proceedings, claims, demands, costs and expenses whatsoever which may be taken or made against the Organiser or incurred or become payable by it arising therefrom or in respect thereof.
8. The Organiser may collect the names and personal details of the Attendee (including, but not limited to, their postal address, email, telephone number and date of birth). The Organiser warrants that the names and personal details of the Attendee will be held and processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.